Egg Donor Requirements
Becoming an Egg Donor
We have compiled a list of requirements below for those who are interested in becoming an egg donor with The Donor Source. We ask that you carefully review the egg donor requirements below before you begin your application.
“The Donor Source has been very professional, and going through all the details has made me realize that I am in very excellent and caring hands.”
– M. M., Egg Donor
Egg Donor requirements from The Donor Source:
- Be a female between the ages of 21-29.
- Be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- Have healthy BMI (BMI Calculator).
- Be a non-smoker, non-drug user.
- No reproductive disorders/abnormities.
- Must have 2 ovaries.
- Excellent family history.
- Some college or trade/vocational certification required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have morning flexibility for at least 10 appointments (majority of appointments in the
last 2 weeks of your egg donation cycle).
- Must not be using the Mirena IUD, Depo Provera shot, or implant birth control.
To learn more about becoming an egg donor, please contact us. If you meet the egg donor requirements above, please fill out our application!
Why are these egg donor requirements necessary?
Our requirements for egg donors have been determined in order to protect the health of potential mothers and newborns. For example, if an egg donor is experiencing any reproductive disorders or abnormalities in their family history, then there is a risk of future complications during pregnancy, childbirth, and after for both mom and baby. Other requirements are more straightforward, such as that the egg donor be in good physical and mental health. If you have questions concerning the egg donor requirements above, please call (877) 375 – 8888.