For Intended Parents
In order to provide the highest level of service, we have case managers throughout the US. We will work closely with your clinic to assist with any appointments and travel arrangements that may be necessary. We believe that in order to assist intended parents and gestational surrogates through this journey, we must have the knowledge and understanding of every aspect of the surrogacy process. Many of our case managers are experienced surrogates themselves that are enthusiastic about helping you through your journey, from finding a match to the day your baby is born. We will make sure you and your gestational surrogate are given the best available education, guidance and support. Our surrogacy program staff is accessible twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays. Additionally, we hold mandatory, monthly surrogate support group meetings offering support from other surrogates and The Surrogacy Source staff that have experienced the journey you are about to embark upon. We look forward to helping you and your surrogate bond to create a wonderful relationship during this exciting time.
Surrogate Requirements for The Surrogacy Source Program:
- Women that have had at least one child
- Women that have enjoyed uncomplicated pregnancies
- Between the ages of 21-43
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- Live in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, or Wisconsin.
- Non-smokers (Must be smoke-free for 6 months)
- Excellent health history
- An appropriate height to weight ratio (BMI)
- In a stable household environment
- Not receiving government assistance
- Have reliable transportation
- Have passed:
- One-on-one assessment
- Criminal background check
- Psychological Screening
All of our gestational surrogates have passed our extensive screening process including a pre-application review and full application review. Whenever possible, we meet our applicants in their homes with their families present, in order to ensure they have the proper support and lifestyle required to become successful surrogates. Each of our surrogates are ready to create a very unique relationship and give you the gift of family.
Reasons why women may choose to become a gestational surrogate:
- Love of their own children and empathy for others who are in need of assistance in creating a family
- They have had enjoyable, uncomplicated pregnancies
- The surrogacy process may enable them to stay at home with their children and/or enable them to contribute financially to their family
- It is an opportunity to make a unique contribution to someone; regardless of race, religion, political views, or education level and demonstrate humanity at its finest
We understand the struggles of trying to make this enormous decision along with everything that has been invested. Please be assured that you can place your confidence in our staff in Creating Your Pathway to Parenthood.
The Surrogacy Source Staff