We thank you for your interest in helping another family experience the joys of having a child. Below is a list of requirements for those interested in becoming a gestational surrogate with The Surrogacy SOURCE. Before you begin your application, we ask that your carefully review the surrogate requirements listed below.
Each of our surrogates is required to:
- Be a female of 21-38 years of age.
- Have delivered one or more children that you are currently raising.
- No more than 5 live births and no more than 2 c-sections
- Have had past pregnancies without complications.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- Live in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington DC, West Virginia or Wisconsin.
- Be a non-smoker, living in a non-smoking home. (Must be smoke-free for 6 months)
- Be a non-drug user.
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or less.
- Own a vehicle, for transportation to and from appointments.
- Not currently be receiving federal/state financial assistance, please inquire as some forms of assistance are acceptable.
- Have no history of arrests or substance abuse.
- Undergo a background check (husband/partner needs to as well).
- Undergo a psychological evaluation.
- Undergo medical examination (STDs, drug text, Hepatitis test, pelvic exam, etc.)
To learn more about becoming a surrogate, contact us at (877) 375-888. If you meet our surrogate requirements, please fill out our surrogacy application.
Why are there so many surrogate requirements?
Our gestational surrogate requirements may seem strict, but they have been defined in order to protect the health of potential future surrogates and newborns. For instance, it is required that surrogate candidates did not have any complications in their previous pregnancies. If a candidate has had complications in the past, it is more likely that complications will occur in their next pregnancy and their health as well as the child’s could be put at risk. Other requirements are more straightforward such as looking for non-smokers and non-drug users. If you have any questions about the surrogate requirements listed above or the gestational surrogate process, please don’t hesitate to call us at (877) 375-8888.